Friday, December 9, 2011

Update

So with the baseball off-season in full swing, the only bucket list items I have to work on are books and movies.  I love to read and love to watch movies, but doing so while taking notes to know what to write about reminds me of writing papers in college.  So that's been a slow process.  Since it's been a while since I last posted I thought I'd update my readers on what posts I'm working on plus what's going on in the MLB.

Posts:
  • New Collective Bargaining Agreement (this one should be out soon, have to rely on ESPN and Yahoo)
  • Juicing the Game
  • Field of Dreams
MLB Happenings:
  • New CBA!!!
  • Miami Marlins officially unveiled new uniforms (somebody on Yahoo pointed out they look similar to the Miami Vice uniforms from BASEketball)
  • And they signed Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, and Heath Bell
  • Albert Pujols is leaving the NL Central (the clouds parted and sun shone down on Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati) for the LAA Angels, along with CJ Wilson
  • The BBWAA has cast their ballots for the HOF.  Announcement should be made Jan 9.  It's looking pretty good for Barry Larkin in his 3rd year on the ballot.  He needs a 13% increase from last year to get the required 75% of all votes to get inducted.  It seems reasonable since he increased from 51.5% in 2010 to 62.1% in 2011.  
So there's my update on baseball life.  I'm hoping to have the CBA post out next week, I've been working really hard to make it a noteworthy blog.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what a CBA is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a contract/agreement in place for the next 5 years between baseball owners and players. More details to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It stands for "Collective Bargaining Agreement"

    :-D

    ReplyDelete