Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Start

Welcome to The Bucket List.  A few of my friends have been writing their own blogs for a while now (Mildly Competent, The Pit, and Perspectives of a Young Scientist), so I thank them for inspiring me to do this.  Just a quick overview of what this blog is about:  Last year for my 22nd birthday, my mom got me this book right here:












I was pretty excited to thumb through the list to see what I had accomplished so far (probably about 10% of the entire list). Soon after, I decided that anything on the List that I had accomplished before getting this book would not count as a check-mark for my bucket list, so I'm starting at the beginning (with the exception of # 53 Maintain a Baseball Card Collection).  1/162 baseball related things to do before I die.  This book contains everything a baseball fan should expect to experience before they die: games at every park in Major League Baseball, watching great baseball movies (The Natural, Bull Durham, The Sandlot, etc) and reading a ton of baseball related books.  My goal is to accomplish all 162 items on this list and blog about each one of them and the experiences I had while doing them.  Wish me luck because this is going to be a long, fun journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment